Thursday, October 1, 2015

Art on the Rocks Paint Night

This week I decided to treat myself a bit and finally take one of those awesome sounding Paint Nights. You know...the ones you can bring your own booze?! Well, let me tell you! This was one of the best ideas my friend and I have had in a long time! It was so much fun and took up pretty much the whole night...well at least from 7-10...with a few 5 minute breaks to give our bums a break from sitting too long.

Left: Stacey's she did right along with us,  Right: Original, helped us get the "big picture"

Anyways...my friend invited earlier in the month to me go, and of course I agreed! I looked through the calendar of scheduled paintings and I fell in love with the one we decided to do. It was a scarecrow with a small pumpkin and stalk. Perfect timing for my obsession for decorating for the fall season!

Our starting canvas, who knew it'd look so beautiful after!
The instructor, Stacey, was one the coolest, sweetest people I've met in a while. She was so easy going and even shared a drink with us which made the night even more fun! She had our canvas' and paint set up for us before we even got there. Once we introduced ourselves and cracked open our first drink we got down to business.
Basics shapes are done, time for a break to let the paint dry!
Stacey truly was an amazing teacher. Her patience amazed me because at times even I couldn't handle my pickiness! I kept having to tell myself that it was a painting being made by a girl who cannot paint (myself)! Repeat it with me now, "It's Just Paint!" She took us literally step by step, even instructing what paint brush to use and why. By the end of the session I felt like I could take on painting anything! Good thing I didn't try though, it wouldn't have been pretty...

Almost done, time for the little details to pull it together!
The end results were amazing and I can't wait to hang my new artwork up on our blank wall in the apartment. I definitely plan on making one for each month. But who am I kidding, I'll probably get around to doing it again next season, which is totally fine too. ;-)

The beautiful end results! We all LOVED Stacey's angry eyebrows  >:-)
There are three local shops she has set up and multiple pieces of art work that change every month.The classes range from $25-40 depending on if you catch the coupons that occasionally come out, and they usually start around 7 pm with sporadic nights. You could even set up a private party if you wanted to. I may suggest it as a team building night for my office! Feel free to take a peek at the site, or shoot Stacey an email to set up a private party. If you or someone you think would enjoy this lives in the area, PLEASE check this place out!  I promise, you won't be disappointed! 
The Worcester Studio, gotta love the artwork on the walls!
https://artontherocksma.com/

email@artontherocksma.com


No comments:

Post a Comment