Thursday, September 3, 2015

Super thick, chocolatey brownies

I had a major sweet tooth earlier this week. Now, anyone who knows me even a little will understand how weird that sounds, because 99% of the time I only crave savory things. So when I say major sweet tooth, I mean major! 

In order to satisfy this craving, I decided to head over to trusty Pinterest for some inspiration. I found this wonderful recipe courtesy of Sweet As A Cookie. When it comes to recipes and homemade cooking, I have the uncanny ability to mess it up in one way or another. So far, I have had only successes with this happening....hopefully I didn't just jinx myself! 


 This time around, I got everything right, except when it came time to add the flour. I added 4 CUPS of flour instead of the intended 1 1/2 cups!!!! As a result, this already labeled "thick" brownie recipe became ultra thick! Once I noticed my mistake, I added a little milk to balance the thickness I created. They were still by all means delicious, and even better served with a cold glass of milk and some ice cream!

Yum! I promise there is a brownie under all that goodness!

 I will include the original recipe from Sweet As A Cookie so everyone can try out the intended way this recipe should be made. Or for those who like things their own way, make them with the 4 cups of flour I used! Let me know what you all think of both recipes!

Double Chocolate Brownies

Ingredients
1 cup (2 sticks) butter
2 1/4 cups granulated sugar
1 1/4 cups cocoa powder
1 tsp. salt
1 tsp. baking powder
1 tbs. vanilla extract
4 eggs
1 1/2 cups flour (Or 4 cups if you're willing to try them alot thicker!)
2 cups semi sweet chocolate chips
*If using the 4 cup recipe, add 1/4 cup milk to balance the thickness

Instructions
Preheat oven to 350ยบ F.
Lightly grease a 9 x 13 inch baking pan with shortening; set aside.
In a medium saucepan melt butter over low heat.
Once butter is completely melted add in sugar and cook for 1 to 2 minutes, stirring constantly. Pour sugar mixture into a large bowl.
Beat in cocoa, salt, baking powder, vanilla, eggs.
Mix until combined.
Stir in the flour and chocolate chips until well combined.
Spread brownie batter into prepared pan (batter will be very thick).
Bake for approximately 30 minutes.
Cool on a cooling rack and enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment